Corbomite

A Forum to post writings, roleplay, post whatever miserable pictures I can draw, and chat with friends.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Drabbles and Rants

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nikkei
Admin

PostSubject: Drabbles and Rants   Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:30 am

Here I will post random Drabbles, A Drabble being anything <100 words in length. Though I will probably break this rule. Frequently.
VERY Frequently.
God knows I have nothing better to do with my time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://corbomite.forumotion.com
Nikkei
Admin

PostSubject: Tribbles   Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:32 am

Dr. McCoy can't stand tribbles. Especially in his medical bay.
Word Count: 112. My first Drabble and the rule is already broken.

Tribbles. McCoy absolutely hated the rapidly reproducing fuzzballs. They were everywhere. They were in his medical bay, they were in his room, hell yesterday morning he found a tribble in his goddamn cereal. He wanted those tribbles gone, but for some strange reason the captain had developed a fondness for the furry bastards and Spock, as usual, couldn’t possibly care less. What had spawned this he would never know, but he couldn’t take it anymore. The only person he had on his side seemed to be Chekov, who was terrified of the buggers from some reason. As it was, he had taken to shooting every damn tribble he saw with his phaser.
Back to top Go down
Nikkei
Admin

PostSubject: Ticklish   Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:20 am

Ahhh, what can a Drunken Ex-Captain do with a Genocidal Romulan? Tickle him, of course.
Word Count: 127 Wow, I did even worse than last time.

Nero was ticklish. But nobody knew that, not even Ayel. Or at least, nobody but Christopher. It was exactly what the Romulan was contemplating, staring out into space in front of the viewscreen. What was he going to do when it came time to give the “Prisoner” back?
“Neeeeeerrrrrooooooo”
It was the only warning Nero got, before he realized it he was on the floor laughing, Christopher sitting on him with a rather drunken-looking grin on his face.
It was the only warning Nero got before he was publicly humiliated in front of his entire crew.
How tempting it was to just throw him in the brig, let him sober up.
Or he could just take him back to his room, that seemed like a better idea.

Last edited by Nikkei on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nikkei
Admin

PostSubject: Another Language   Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:25 pm

Hikaru Sulu wanted to do something special, so he decided to learn another language.
Word Count: 104. I'm getting better at this <3~

Hikaru Sulu was born in San Fransico, the only language he knew how to speak was English. But there was one phrase he could say in another language. A short, simple phrase, but each time he said it Chekov’s face would light up with that smile that no one could say no to. Even if he still couldn’t say it right, even if the Russian was always trying to correct him, that look on the Ensign’s face was priceless. A simple phrase, whispered on the bridge when things got dangerous, when only Uhura knew what they were saying.
Ja tebju ljublju.
I love you.

||Yes that is actual Russian, though I don't know if it's properly transcribed as I transcribed it myself using Wikipedia, we all know how accurate that can be.||
Back to top Go down
Nikkei
Admin

PostSubject: Fridays   Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:18 am

Chekov and drink his weight in Vodka, and Sulu knows just what to do for a Hangover.
Word Count: 156. I get better, I get worse, I get better, I get worse.

Everyone always seemed surprised when Chekov, who no one ever bothered to point out was under-age, could easily drink any other member of the Enterprise under the table. Sulu himself swears that the kid could probably drink his weight in Vodka if the Doctor would let him. But it’s always afterwards that Sulu looks forward to, guiding the plastered Russian through the ship as the Ensign insists on staying in the Helmsman’s room that night, taking care of the hung over Chekov the next day. Lying awake listening to Chekov talk in his sleep, even if he couldn’t understand most of it because he didn’t speak Russian.
Sulu always looked forward to Fridays on the Enterprise, though he never told anybody.
Chekov did to, because it meant he got to wake up in Sulu’s bed, the concerned face of the helmsman staring down at him. And he couldn’t think of anything better to wake up to.

||Wow, all of my Drabbles have been Trek-Themed so far....||
Back to top Go down
Nikkei
Admin

PostSubject: Comfort Foods   Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:50 am

Sulu wants to help, he just doesn't know how. But Chekov will let him think he is anyway.
Word Count: 124. Maybe one of these days I'll actually hit 100....

Sulu couldn’t bake, but Chekov wasn’t going to tell him that. He knew Hikaru was only trying to help after all, and he didn’t want to hurt the helmsman’s feelings. So he ate the cake wordlessly, how Sulu had discovered medovie was his favorite he may never know, as Hikaru tried to convince him that the loss of Amanda wasn’t his fault. But every time he saw Spock he would remember, and that guilt would wash over him again, fresh and painful. And though Sulu would try, no amount of medovie was going to help that fact.
But Chekov could still appreciate the effort, and when Sulu wrapped his arms around the young Russian he smiled anyway, if only to make Sulu feel better.

||Medovie.||
Back to top Go down
Nikkei
Admin

PostSubject: Takotsubo cardiomyopathy   Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:06 am

When Chekov was told Sulu didn't come back, he didn't handle it well.
Word Count: 173. I'm getting even worse T-T

McCoy had never seen anything like it. He had heard of it, sure. As a Doctor he was expected to know as much about as many diseases as possible and then some. He was expected to work miracles.
But this time there was nothing he could do.
It had only been a week since they had buried Hikaru Sulu, having lost the Helmsman in an attack by renegade Romulans. Only a week, such a short time astounded McCoy. Sure, the relationship between the pilot and the underage-navigator was the worst kept secret in the history of the Enterprise, but McCoy hadn’t realized how close the two really were until now.
Until Chekov lay in his sickbay dying of a disease he couldn’t cure.
McCoy looked up from his medical notes at his Captain, who stood worriedly in the doorway as McCoy went about his work.
“I’m sorry Jim.” McCoy started, and he watched as Kirk deflated before continuing, “It’s Takotsubo cardiomyopathy, Broken Heart Syndrome. He’s dying Jim, and there’s nothing I can do.”
Back to top Go down
Nikkei
Admin

PostSubject: Videogames   Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Sulu always wondered why Chekov was so good with a transporter.
Word Count: 151. I'll NEVER hit 100 at this rate!

There was one thing Sulu had been wondering for quite some time. And as he sat across from Chekov in the mess hall, it seemed as good a time as any to ask.
“How did you get Kirk and I on that transporter?” He asked, raising an eyebrow just faintly in an imitation of McCoy. He knew Chekov hadn’t been assigned to the Transporter console ever as far as he knew, and sure they all had to have rudimentary understanding of the device, but Pavel had seemed like an expert.
“I hawe had much practice with hand-eye coordination.” Chekov responded with a smile, looking up from his dinner to meet the helmsman’s eyes. Sulu broke out laughing, dropping his fork with a clatter in favor of holding his lungs in.
“Just as I though then.” He managed to get out, once the laughing had calmed down a bit, “Too many videogames.”

Last edited by Nikkei on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nikkei
Admin

PostSubject: Worst Kept Secret   Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:27 pm

Kirk is the last one to know of the relationship between pilot and navigator, but that's no real surprise.
Word Count: 130. Bah. I'm tempted to give up on ever hitting 100.

Kirk knew that look, he knew that look well. That was the look someone had after a night of good sex. And just as Kirk was contemplating why that look was so attached to Mr. Sulu’s face, and who else had that look this morning, the lift door opened again.
“Good morning Keptin. Ensign Chekov reporting for duty.”
The exact same look was firmly nestled on the innocent face of the young ensign. Chekov took his seat without waiting for the Captains responds. And as Kirk sat there contemplating anyone he had seen either of the men taking to, Chekov gave Sulu what he thought was a discreet smile. And then Kirk understood. And finally the Captain was in on the worst kept secret in the history of the Enterprise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drabbles and Rants   

Back to top Go down

Drabbles and Rants
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Corbomite :: Artses :: Nikkei's Artses :: Writings-
Jump to: